Thursday, 5 November 2009

Day 2

Didn't feel too psyched about running today, but stuck to the prog (which I'll be uploading if I figure out how to upload an excel file). The current cycle is mostly about getting myself used to running 6-days a week, including extending the weekend long run, and not too much focus on effort - other than keep it nice and steady. Using the Mark Allen off-season priciple of using heart rate and just keeping it pretty easy for a couple o f months to build base.

Today was 5 1/2 miles with Olly on the trails and bridleways. Pace was comfortable - 8:45 min/mile and HR average 152bpm. Sounds slow when you look at it like that, but in ankle deep mud (and horse crap, it's not too bad. Also, as there's 132m of ascent per mile - yes, per mile - then you figure that it's pretty good training. That's category B fell race territory, which is classed as anything with >125m per mile. (Category A is >250m/mile and they HURT!)

After the run - 30min weights circuit. Now I'm writing when I should be eating!!

No comments: