Sunday, 21 February 2010

21 Cross-country

After a pretty light week of training (mon to fri), Saturday called for a 21 miler over mud an' hills. Was great when I started out as the ground was still frozen, but within an hour, the sun was up. Beautiful blue-sky day, but mean that the frozen trails were muddy and wet. So a couple of hours of wet, cold feet. Great!

Felt pretty good throughout - tired in the last couple of miles and the hills were a challenge, but was very pleased to get a >20miler done. Next weekend's going to be tough though - 26.2miles over the Devon Coastal Trail. Will treat it as a long training run and just try and get around in something around 5-hours. The average men's time for the course is 4:59:16, so if I nip in under 5-hours, I'll be chuffed! The 3:41 record (close to a 4-hr marathon is the record, so tells you how gnarly it is!) is a little out of my reach, I think, so 5 hrs will do just fine!

Today - Sunday - I'm pretty still. Although that may have something to do with the 90-min of snowboarding I did last night?! Was a Level 1 session, but I'm def going to be going again!

No comments: