The weekend saw no long run, but a good result at a Cani'x' race. I ran angry after the stupid organisor requested that I move my number - to a place it still couldn't be seen. Anyway, 'nough said about that; just gets me going again. I clipped off a 6:10 first mile and wrapped up the 3.2 miles with that last 0.2 of a mile in 51 seconds. All in, 5th place was ok and I came across the line and threw my number back at him, which I'd run with in my hand throughout!! Could've run faster if not for the too fast first mile, but shows that I just need to keep working on the speed endurance - more tempo runs and long reps then.
Was good to have a lower mileage week after a few weeks building up. Now I'll settle down to two very tough weeks before having a week backing off for the Devon Coastal marathon on 27th Feb. Right... no choice but to do some long runs this week and next then!
Tuesday, 9 February 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment