Friday, 12 February 2010

The damp makes it worse.


Ok, it’s not the damp weather that causes my hip to hurt, but whenever I think of dodgy hips, I think of older people complaining that the damp’s the cause. In late 2007/early 2008 I was training hard (maybe too hard) and started to suffer with piriformis syndrome, where a deep gluteal muscle causes the sciatic nerve to be compressed, resulting in pain/discomfort in the butt, back of leg. This can become worse and travel down the leg, but fortunately I’ve just got a pain in the ass!

It was tight around the area after a few hard runs and last night it started to really hurt from the first step. Solution – I’ve to rest today (well, by rest I mean ‘not run’, butu there’ll be a spinning session and weights circuit) and then in the morning (7:30am!) we’re out for a 19-mile x-country run. I’m actually quite looking forward to the long run, but I am concerned about the hip causing probs, or it getting worse after the run.

Oh well, I collect my new car tomorrow and fortunately the bucket seats are so damn comfy that my ass could be totally numb ,and I reckon I’d not notice. (wishful thinking).

Ok...butt pain’s all the the head. 19 in the morning.

No comments: